Internships R&D Biogas
Enschede, Overijssel, NetherlandsInternships
For the R&D Biogas engineering department we are looking for interns! The following internships / graduation assignments are available. Apply using the apply button and select the (graduation) internship you are interested in.
Calculation program for gasification
HoSt is building gasifiers to convert biomass and waste into syngas to produce basic chemicals or H2 or methane. In the past the gasifiers where running with air, but now we need a nitrate free gras. After the gasifier gas is heated up to 1200 C to crack the tars and make a nearly tar-free gas. The goal of the project is: Develop a program calculating the process mass and energy balance, gas composition in a way that it can be used as a design tool and also for sales people to make a quick design.
- Learn the gasification process;
- Model the mass and energy balances of the gasification and tar-cracker process;
- Make a simple in and out put data sheet (usable for sales people).
Design a biomass in feeding system for a gasifier
HoSt is building gasifiers to convert biomass and waste into syngas to produce basic chemicals or H2 or methane. The gasifiers are running on an overpressure of about 400 mbar. In the in feeding system it has to prevent backflow of gas (CO, H2, tars) . In the past gasifiers where running with air and by putting air on the systems (between rotating valves) gas backflow is prevented. Now the systems will be converted to O2 blown gasifiers and the in feeding system has to be gas tide and a new in feeding system has to be designed
- Learn the gasification process;
- Looking for technologies of valves and locks who are gas tight;
- Make a constructing design for the feeding system;
- Calculate how much inert gas (CO2) will be needed in the system.
Who are you?
- BSc / MSc in Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Sustainable Energy;
- Interested in sustainable energy technology;
- Plan-minded and independent worker.
What do we offer?
- Working at the technology forefront of the energy transition;
- Groundbreaking tech company in the field of biofuels, carbon capture and thermal conversion;
- Minimum wage based on 40 hours per week for interns with an EU working license / Monthly fixed fee of € 400 based on 40 hours per week for students without an EU working license. Please note: it depends on your type of internship at HoSt which fee you receive;
- Lots of responsibility and room for own initiatives;
- Professional support, guidance and insights;
- Interesting international environment only a 5-minute walk from the ‘Kennispark’ train station in Enschede;
- Nice and sustainable welcome gift;
- A dynamic, energetic, passionate young team;
- Flexibility in working from home / office.
Please apply using the apply button. General questions can be addressed to Mariëtte Huis in `t Veld, internship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions and more details about the internship please contact Sjors de Groot (Hiring Manager) on +31 (0) 53 - 460 90 80.
About HoSt Group
Advancing the energy transition is our mission at HoSt Group, awarded 'Best Company of Twente 2023'. Our team of over 500 across 7 countries and with offices in the US and Europe innovates in renewable energy technologies, aiming for global sustainability.
Originating from a 1991 joint-venture between Holec Projects and Stork, HoSt Group is a large family company and an industry leader in transforming waste into bioenergy and valuable products, dedicated to achieving sustainability ambitions.
We engineer, build, and maintain bioenergy systems producing sustainable energy and valuable end-products from residual streams, striving to a zero-waste society.