Project Engineer North America
United States, Washington, VancouverProject Management
Do you want to contribute to a future with renewable energy? As an electrical/project engineer you are involved from A-to-Z in the realization of our sustainable biomass energy projects. The Project Engineer is responsible for configuring and transforming the standard design to match the requirements and needs of the North American market.
The engineer works closely with the Project Manager, clients, vendors and collaborates in an international team. The engineer is the key link between the engineering team in the Netherlands and the US-based team. They are involved with creating technical specifications, supporting the procurement process all the way up till commissioning support of bioenergy plants.
- Adapts standard product designs and documentations into the needs of the North American market;
- Verifies design compatibly with local norms, codes and standards;
- Performs supplier selections, creates requests for quotations, equipment selection and procurement;
- Creates equipment and scoping specifications for locally sourced equipment/works;
- Creates engineering submittals (equipment lists and load lists) and project documentation;
- Checks/modifies PFD and P&ID’s, 3D drawings, layout drawings and battery limits;
- Performs calculations and design preparations of bioenergy plants;
- Sets up and/ or drafts piping and cabling routings for construction work;
- Performs cost price reductions and optimalisation of the standard design;
- Ensures quality of the design, performing FAT’s and SAT’s;
- Answers process, mechanical, electrical, and technical questions of both project management and customers;
- Performs start-up and commissioning of (bio) gas systems, including travelling to site and suppliers;
- Provides sales support in design verifications, with customer questions and RFQ’s;
- Provides service support on plant performance;
- The majority duties of this job require working on job site, requiring the ability to travel via plane and various types of land vehicles;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to work in the Portland/ Vancouver metro area.
- US or Canada Citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelors or master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or process technology;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position; preferably in the natural gas, wastewater or biogas industry;
- Knowledge of environmental/safety legislation, norms codes and standards;
- Excellent drafting skills and knowledge of AutoCAD P&ID and SolidWorks 3D;
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Valid US driver’s license;
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple cultures and time zones with a variety of clients and vendors;
- Commercial awareness of industry standards and trends;
- Ability to work independently;
- Capacity to lead on a construction site;
- Flexible working attitude;
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis within the US, Canada, and Europe;
- Willingness to commute 50% to office in Vancouver, WA (relocation assistance may be provided);
- The employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk, climb stairs and use keyboard;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, close vision, distance vision, ability to change from close to distance;
- Able to perform all aspects of the job in possible adverse weather such as extreme cold and extreme heat. Must be able to wear proper PPE;
- Lifting requirements of 25-50lbs often and 80lbs occasionally.
What do we offer?
- Excellent benefits including unlimited self-managed PTO, 100% employer paid health insurance (for employee, and up to full coverage for family plan) and a 401(k) plan with a 4% match;
- The opportunity to work for a market leader in the field of sustainable energy with a strong focus on innovation;
- Good terms of employment and a salary based on work experience and education;
- Challenging and varied job in an international, fast growing organization;
- The opportunity to work within a team with both starting and experienced professionals;
- Large degree of independence and responsibility;
- Possibility to develop yourself on a technical level.
About HoSt North America
HoSt North America is based in Vancouver, Washington and is part of the HoSt Group. The US team is actively expanding and is always looking for starting and experienced professionals who would like to share their passion for energy technology with us to fuel our and your future growth.
About HoSt Group
Realising the greatest challenge we have ever known: the energy transition. That's what we do at the HoSt Group. With a strong and talented team, a deeply rooted entrepreneurial culture, innovative technologies and the many international successes and milestones, we are making this transition possible. Our team of over 375 employees, spread across 7 countries and with offices in the US and Europe, is committed to technological solutions and innovations for renewable energy worldwide and is dedicated to achieving sustainability ambitions.
HoSt Group is a large family company and came into existence in 1991 as a result of the joint-venture between Holec Projects and Stork, two well-established suppliers of energy systems. HoSt has grown into a global industry-leader in the field of technology to transform waste into bioenergy and valuable end-products. We engineer, build, and maintain bioenergy systems producing sustainable energy and valuable end-products from residual streams, striving to a zero-waste society.