Project Engineer North America
RemoteUnited States, Washington, VancouverEngineering
Do you want to contribute to a future with renewable energy? As a project engineer you are involved from A to Z in the realization of our sustainable bioenergy projects. With your broad technical knowledge and your ability to coordinate and organize, you work purposefully on the technical developments of the project. You work efficiently and are the right hand of project manager with whom you work closely. We are looking for project engineers with a background in either electrical-, process-, or mechanical engineering but with a broad affinity for all three.
- Supporting the Project Manager;
- Setting up layouts of installations;
- Drawing up component specifications;
- Searching for suppliers and requesting quotations;
- Drawing up purchase orders;
- Follow up the purchase orders and fabrication process;
- Checking and releasing drawings from suppliers;
- Answering questions from clients and suppliers
- Attending Factory Acceptance Test, Site Acceptance Tests;
- Supervising during construction., start-up and commissioning;
- Trouble shooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Process Engineering.
- 2-4 years in related experience working in one or more of the following service areas: Natural Gas, Biogas, waste water treatment or Chemical processing.
- Practical technical insight;
- Ability to work independently;
- Capacity to lead on a construction site;
- Flexible working attitude;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis.
What do we offer?
- Excellent benefits including unlimited self-managed PTO, 100% employer paid health insurance (for employee, and up to full coverage for family plan) and a 401(k) plan with a 4% match
- The opportunity to work for a market leader in the field of sustainable energy with a strong focus on innovation;
- Good terms of employment and a salary based on work experience and education;
- Challenging and varied job in an international, fast growing organization;
- The opportunity to work within a team with both starting and experienced professionals;
- Large degree of independence and responsibility;
- Possibility to develop yourself on a technical level.
HoSt North America main office is located in Vancouver, Washington and part of the HoSt Group. HoSt Group is one of the world market leaders in the field of bioenergy services and systems to recover energy and other end-products from waste. With over 240 employees, HoSt has been developing, designing, manufacturing, and maintaining innovative energy plants since 1991. HoSt contributes to the success of a circular economy by producing renewable energy, solving the waste problem, and creating valuable products.
In addition to its headquarters in the Netherlands, HoSt has offices in the US, France, Latvia, England, Poland, and Germany and more than 300 projects in over 30 countries across four continents. For the biogas plants, boilers and combined heat and power plants supplied by HoSt, HoSt has 24/7 local maintenance teams in several countries.
HoSt is a fast-growing company that is actively expanding and are always looking for starting and experienced professionals, interns and graduates who would like to share their passion for energy technology with us to fuel our and your future growth.