Project Coordinator North America
United States, Washington, VancouverProject Management
Do you want to contribute to a future with renewable energy? We are looking to hire a project coordinator. As a project coordinator you are involved from A-to-Z in the realization of our sustainable biomass energy projects.
The project coordinator is the glue that keeps the project together. From the moment the contract is signed until the project is financially closed, the project coordinator ensures that all documentation is current and correct. The project coordinator helps with contract changes, tracking of the budgets, procurement of the equipment and tracking of shipping logistics to name a few of the many versatile tasks. The project coordinator will work closely with the Project Manager and the finance department.
- Prepares, reviews, negotiates, tracks, and administers sub-contracts and purchase orders;
- Tracks all contract changes, specifically change orders, both for clients and vendors;
- Ensures the change order logs are correct and fully updated;
- Verifies change orders for correctness and completeness;
- Ensures change orders are fully authorized and are processed correctly;
- Reviews logistics processes and procedures; identifies, recommends, and implements improvements to maximize delivery efficiency while minimizing costs;
- Verifies logistics overview is correct and complete on a regular basis;
- Performs periodic logistics overview reports on financial health of projects;
- Prepares and administers contracts and purchase orders with specific vendors;
- Reviews cost proposals and pricing information;
- Evaluates vendor proposals to ensure that all requirements are met;
- Reviews purchase orders for correctness and completeness;
- Confirms that terms and delivery dates are accurate;
- Makes sure all purchase orders are (counter) signed, filled and part of the budgets;
- Reviews POs and invoices for accuracy;
- Checks insurance requirements;
- Maintains database regarding vendors’ performance and quality of product(s);
- Uses analytic methods and tools to understand, predict, and/or control logistics operations and processes and verify latest financial estimates of a project;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to work in the Portland/ Vancouver metro area and willingness to commute 50% to the office in Vancouver, WA (relocation assistance may be provided) and to travel 10% within the US, Canada, and Europe;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or related field required;
- Three years of relevant experience required, such as working with OEMs and/or manufacturing vendors, knowledge of technical products (e.g. pumps, compressors, etc.);
- Excellent written, communication and organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Extensive knowledge of contract principles and procedures;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software and advanced Excel skills;
- Strong understanding of business implications of decisions;
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple cultures and time zones with a variety of employees, clients, and vendors;
- Awareness of commercial standards and trends;
- Goal-oriented and ability to work independently;
- Ability to regularly sit, stand, walk, talk, climb stairs and use a keyboard;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, close vision, distance vision, ability to change from close to distance;
- Occasional lifting requirements of up to 15lbs.
What do we offer?
- Excellent benefits including unlimited self-managed PTO, 100% employer paid health insurance (for employee, and up to full coverage for family plan) and a 401(k) plan with a 4% match;
- Relocation assistance to Vancouver, WA if applicable;
- The opportunity to work for a market leader in the field of sustainable energy with a strong focus on innovation;
- Challenging and varying work in an international, fast growing organization;
- The opportunity to work within a team consisting of new and experienced professionals;
- Flexible work environment;
- Large degree of independence and responsibility;
- Ability to develop yourself on a personal and professional level;
About HoSt North America
HoSt North America is based in Vancouver, Washington and is part of the HoSt Group. The US team is actively expanding and is always looking for starting and experienced professionals who would like to share their passion for energy technology with us to fuel our and your future growth.
About HoSt Group
Realising the greatest challenge we have ever known: the energy transition. That's what we do at the HoSt Group. With a strong and talented team, a deeply rooted entrepreneurial culture, innovative technologies and the many international successes and milestones, we are making this transition possible. Our team of over 375 employees, spread across 7 countries and with offices in the US and Europe, is committed to technological solutions and innovations for renewable energy worldwide and is dedicated to achieving sustainability ambitions.
HoSt Group is a large family company and came into existence in 1991 as a result of the joint-venture between Holec Projects and Stork, two well-established suppliers of energy systems. HoSt has grown into a global industry-leader in the field of technology to transform waste into bioenergy and valuable end-products. We engineer, build, and maintain bioenergy systems producing sustainable energy and valuable end-products from residual streams, striving to a zero-waste society.