Internships R&D Technology
Enschede, Overijssel, NetherlandsInternships
For the R&D Technology engineering department we are looking for interns! The following internships / graduation assignments are available. Apply using the apply button and select the (graduation) internship you are interested in.
Advanced Climate control system
The internal climate control systems available are not very advanced in forecasting the heat demand, needed temperature etc. HoSt has at the office a rather complex heating and cooling system. With a ground cooling / heat pump system, and an air cooled heating and cooling system. A floor heating system and top heating and cooling system. This project contains several steps: each could be done by an intern. The first step is writing a program to control the system and data collection of the rooms temperatures, outdoor temperature water heating temperatures, heat and cold demands, electricity consumption etc. The second step is to make a self-learning system. In the existing situation often in the night the floor is heated and during the day it is to warm and cold is needed.
- Learn the system;
- Program the control system;
- Visualization of the system:, tough screen control;
- Gathering data and AI on the control system.
Who are you?
- BSc / MSc in Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Sustainable Energy;
- Interested in sustainable energy technology;
- Plan-minded and independent worker.
What do we offer?
- Working at the technology forefront of the energy transition;
- Groundbreaking tech company in the field of biofuels, carbon capture and thermal conversion;
- Minimum wage based on 40 hours per week for interns with an EU working license / Monthly fixed fee of € 400 based on 40 hours per week for students without an EU working license. Please note: it depends on your type of internship at HoSt which fee you receive;
- Lots of responsibility and room for own initiatives;
- Professional support, guidance and insights;
- Interesting international environment only a 5-minute walk from the ‘Kennispark’ train station in Enschede;
- Nice and sustainable welcome gift;
- A dynamic, energetic, passionate young team;
- Flexibility in working from home / office.
Please apply using the apply button. General questions can be addressed to Mariëtte Huis in `t Veld, internship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions and more details about the internship please contact Herman Klein Teeselink (Hiring Manager) on +31 (0) 53 - 460 90 80.
About HoSt Group
Advancing the energy transition is our mission at HoSt Group, awarded 'Best Company of Twente 2023'. Our team of over 500 across 7 countries and with offices in the US and Europe innovates in renewable energy technologies, aiming for global sustainability.
Originating from a 1991 joint-venture between Holec Projects and Stork, HoSt Group is a large family company and an industry leader in transforming waste into bioenergy and valuable products, dedicated to achieving sustainability ambitions.
We engineer, build, and maintain bioenergy systems producing sustainable energy and valuable end-products from residual streams, striving to a zero-waste society.