Internships R&D Biogas
Enschede, Overijssel, NetherlandsInternships
For the R&D Biogas engineering department we are looking for interns! The following internships / graduation assignments are available. Apply using the apply button and select the (graduation) internship you are interested in.
Design of sedimentation removal system digesters
Digesters can run on all kinds of feedstocks. Many new projects run on materials such as food waste or green waste, which contains contaminants as sand, plastic, glass etc. Unfortunately heavy material such as sand builds up on the bottom of the digesters, slowly decreasing the effective volume of the digesters. This material thus has to be removed every so often by shoveling it out, but this is a costly intervention. Is there a better (cheaper) alternative?
- Research ways to remove the sedimentation from the tank, and ways to prevent sedimentation from occurring.
- Set up business cases for the most promising options.
- Make a detailed design of the best option which could be implemented in new (and existing?) installations.
Who are you?
- BSc / MSc in Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Sustainable Energy;
- Interested in sustainable energy technology;
- Plan-minded and independent worker.
What do we offer?
- Working at the technology forefront of the energy transition;
- Groundbreaking tech company in the field of biofuels, carbon capture and thermal conversion;
- Minimum wage based on 40 hours per week for interns with an EU working license / Monthly fixed fee of € 400 based on 40 hours per week for students without an EU working license. Please note: it depends on your type of internship at HoSt which fee you receive;
- Lots of responsibility and room for own initiatives;
- Professional support, guidance and insights;
- Interesting international environment only a 5-minute walk from the ‘Kennispark’ train station in Enschede;
- Nice and sustainable welcome gift;
- A dynamic, energetic, passionate young team;
- Flexibility in working from home / office.
Please apply using the apply button. General questions can be addressed to Mariëtte Huis in `t Veld, internship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions and more details about the internship please contact Sjors de Groot (Hiring Manager) on +31 (0) 53 - 460 90 80.
About HoSt Group
Realising the greatest challenge we have ever known: the energy transition. That's what we do at the HoSt Group. With a strong and talented team, a deeply rooted entrepreneurial culture, innovative technologies and the many international successes and milestones, we are making this transition possible. Our team of over 375 employees, spread across 7 countries and with offices in the US and Europe, is committed to technological solutions and innovations for renewable energy worldwide and is dedicated to achieving sustainability ambitions.
HoSt Group is a large family company and came into existence in 1991 as a result of the joint-venture between Holec Projects and Stork, two well-established suppliers of energy systems. HoSt has grown into a global industry-leader in the field of technology to transform waste into bioenergy and valuable end-products. We engineer, build, and maintain bioenergy systems producing sustainable energy and valuable end-products from residual streams, striving to a zero-waste society.