Arnhem, Gelderland, NetherlandsInternships
For the HyGear engineering department we are looking an intern! The following internship / graduation assignment is available.
Flow sheeting and process optimization electrolysis
Electrolysis in combination with renewable electricity is seen as a low-emission hydrogen production technology. However, there are multiple different ways to perform electrolysis in terms of different membranes and operating conditions (using steam or water). During this internship, you will look at the combination of electrolysis in different markets. By flow sheeting and process design you will create technically and economically the best design. The internship will consist of process modelling, cost calculations and market analysis. After this internship you will become an electrolysis expert.
- Compare processes and model different electrolysis technologies (AE, AEM, SOE, PEM, PCE);
- Optimize different process models;
- Compare the different technologies in a cost breakdown (CAPEX and OPEX);
- Define different markets where these technologies could fit best.
Process design high pressure reforming
The hydrogen generation systems at HyGear produce hydrogen up to 10 bar(g) with the use of (bio)-methane in a steam methane reforming reactor. With an increasing hydrogen mobility market, the aim is to increase this pressure up to 30 bar(g). In this internship, you will model the high pressure system (30 kg H2/h), define different cases and come up with the best configuration in terms of technical and economical scope.
- Define different PFD’s for a high pressure SMR system;
- Model the different PFD’s and create heat and mass balances;
- Define the best case in terms of technical and economic feasibility;
- Define the risks and opportunities of the chosen PFD.
Who are you?
- BSc / MSc in Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Sustainable Energy;
- Interested in sustainable energy technology;
- Plan-minded and independent worker.
What do we offer?
- Working at the technology forefront of the energy transition;
- Groundbreaking tech company in the field of biofuels, carbon capture and thermal conversion;
- Minimum wage based on 40 hours per week for interns with an EU working license / Monthly fixed fee of € 400 based on 40 hours per week for students without an EU working license. Please note: it depends on your type of internship at HoSt which fee you receive;
- Lots of responsibility and room for own initiatives;
- Professional support, guidance and insights;
- Nice and sustainable welcome gift;
- A dynamic, energetic, passionate young team;
- Flexibility in working from home / office.
Please apply using the apply button. General questions can be addressed to Mariëtte Huis in `t Veld, internship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions and more details about the internship please contact Hans ten Dam (Hiring Manager) on +31 (0) 88 9494 333.
About HoSt Group
Advancing the energy transition is our mission at HoSt Group, awarded 'Best Company of Twente 2023'. Our team of over 500 across 7 countries and with offices in the US and Europe innovates in renewable energy technologies, aiming for global sustainability.
Originating from a 1991 joint-venture between Holec Projects and Stork, HoSt Group is a large family company and an industry leader in transforming waste into bioenergy and valuable products, dedicated to achieving sustainability ambitions.
We engineer, build, and maintain bioenergy systems producing sustainable energy and valuable end-products from residual streams, striving to a zero-waste society.